Phone NumberCampus Operator +90 (312) 292-4000 Fax: +90 (312) 287-1946
Campus AddressSöğütözü Caddesi No:43, Söğütözü, Ankara, 06560 Türkiye Find on the Map
Information on Protection of Personal Data
TOBB University of Economics and Technology
Clarification Text on the Personal Data Protection Law
As TOBB University of Economics and Technology (“ University ”), we show maximum sensitivity to the security of your personal data. With this awareness, as the University, we attach great importance to the processing and preservation of all kinds of personal data belonging to all individuals associated with the University in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“ LPPD ”). With the full understanding of this responsibility, we process your personal data as described below and within the limits determined by the legislation, as the "Data Controller" defined under the LPPD.
1. Collecting, Processing and Processing Purposes of Personal Data
Although your personal data may vary depending on the relationship between you and our University, it can be collected verbally, in writing or electronically, by automatic or non-automatic methods, through our University units, website, social media channels, mobile applications and similar means. Your personal data can be processed by collecting and updating as long as your relationship with our University continues.
Your collected personal data, for the purpose of carrying out the necessary work for you to benefit from the services of our University, to ensure the legal and commercial security of our University and those who have business relations with our University, to determine and implement the strategies of our University, and to ensure the execution of our University's human resources policies, will be processed within the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6.
2. To Whom the Processed Personal Data Can Be Transferred and for What Purpose
Your collected personal data, for the purposes of carrying out the necessary studies by the relevant units for you to benefit from the services of our University, ensuring the legal and commercial security of our University and those who have business relations with our University, determining and implementing the commercial and business strategies of our University, and ensuring the execution of the human resources policies of our University may be transferred to our centers, economic enterprises, legally authorized public institutions and private individuals within the framework of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the LPPD.
3. Method and Legal Reason for Personal Data Collection
Your personal data is obtained in all kinds of verbal, written or electronic media, in order to provide our services in line with the above-mentioned purposes and in this context, for our University to fully and accurately fulfill its contractual and legal responsibilities. Your personal data collected for legal reason can also be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in articles (1) and (2) of this text within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the LPPD.
4. Rights of Personal Data Owners Listed in Article 11 of the LPPD
As personal data owners, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to our University through the methods set out below, our University will conclude the request involved in the applications within thirty days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request and free of charge. However, if the action in question incurs another cost, the price set by the Board will be collected by our University. In this context, personal data owners have these rights;
- To learn whether personal data is processed or not,
- To request information if personal data has been processed
- To learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether data is used for intended purposes,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data is transferred at home or abroad,
- To request the rectification of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to request notification of the operations carried out within this scope to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- To request the erasure or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons requiring its processing have disappeared, although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the LPPD and other relevant laws, and to request the notification of the transaction made within this scope to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- To object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of their personal data, which leads to an unfavorable consequence for them,
- To demand the compensation of the damage in the event that personal data is damaged due to unlawful processing.
In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 13 of the LPPD, you may submit your request to exercise your above-mentioned rights in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. Since the Personal Data Protection Board has not determined any method at this stage, you must submit your application in writing to our University in accordance with the LPPD. In this context, the channels and procedures to submit your application in writing to our University within the scope of Article 11 of the LPPD are explained below.
In order to claim your above-mentioned rights, you can send your request, including the necessary information identifying your identity and your explanations regarding your right that you request to claim from the rights specified in Article 11 of the LPPD. After filling out the form at www.etu.edu.tr , you can personally send a signed copy of it to “TOBB Economy and Technology University Söğütözü Street No: 43 Çankaya/ANKARA” with documents identifying your identity, or send it through a notarial notification or other methods specified in the LPPD. You can also send the relevant document to email@example.com with a secure electronic signature.