E-mail account setup for Microsoft Outlook 2007
Staff members and students who want to use Microsoft Outlook 2007 for the e-mail account provided by TOBB Economics and Technology University should follow the steps listed below.
- Upon starting Microsoft Outlook, select account settings under the Tools menu.
- Then, you will be presented with the following screen. Then, click on the “New” button to proceed.
- On the next screen, select “Manually setup server settings or additional server types”.
- Then, you will be required to use the e-mail service to use. There, select Internet E-mail to proceed.
- You will then reach to the following screen. On that screen you will be required to enter your e-mail address and password, followed by entering mail.etu.edu.tr into the outgoing and incoming mail server field. The user name field will be displayed automatically. There enter your password to the relevant section. You can optionally choose the remember password option under the password box.
- After this step proceed to the other settings section. You will be greeted by the following window. On the account name field, specify the name you want to denote your e-mail address.
- Proceed to the outgoing server tab. Make the settings shown below on the window displayed.
- Then, click on the “Advanced” tab and check the option “this server requires an encrypted connection”. Change the port number for the outgoing mail server (SMTP) as 587. TLS should be selected as the type of the encrypted connection. Then click OK to return to the following window. There, click the “Next” button to proceed.
- Upon clicking the “End” button, your e-mail account will be setup correctly.